Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A symphony of spices

Turkey was wonderful. The Spice bazaar was festive and bustling. The smells of the spices danced through the air and made me smile. A seller introduced me to all the spices and scooped them up near my nose so I could better experience them. I bought some red pomegranate tea and he made me a cup to ensure I enjoyed it. It was the best pomegranate tea I had ever tasted. I also bought three jasmine flowers and am looking forward to putting them into the water and seeing them blossom open. Also at the market were vendors selling special rugs and hand-sewn pillow cases. What I love about Turkey is how everyone drinks tea all day. People walk around with glass tea cups balanced on silver trays. Customers drain the tea quickly and leave the cup on the ground for the chai runner to come and pick up later. Also, when you enter into a store they always offer you a cup of tea, either Turkish or Apple. So, while learning about the history of the kilemns I was able to sip and enjoy the experience entirely.

No comments: