Saturday, January 26, 2008

Chapters of my life

If I was to write you a story about my classroom and the experiences there it would be titled GOD MY VINDICATOR! My teaching continues to be a challenge. BUT I can see how everything is really purposeful. I'm learning so much and I feel that if I can see the big picture of why these lessons are important than I can handle anything. It's been really amazing because I've been challenged by God to live up to His standard and not to compromise to the standard of the school district of the school or the individuals on my team. Over all of these there is a heavy spirit of apathy and victim mindset. He has challenged me to be the atmosphere changer and bring the presence of God into everything I do. Recently there has been a lot of opposition to me. My teammates will start to yell at me, my parents will refuse to come to the conference or the guardians will storm into the school to report an issue. But, the great thing is since I've been working for God I've built a reputation with the administration of being fair, consistent and dedicated to my students. They have stood up for me in every issue and I'm seeing justice and vindication. It's been beautiful and I've been learning that if I take care of myself and walk in integrity, then God will take care of the rest.

One of the chapters in this story about my teaching would be called MIRACLES IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL? IT IS POSSIBLE! Also there are some real miracles in my students recently. That has been giving me motivation to continue. One of my students Adrian has changed so much just in one day. I prayed for the apathy over him to be broken and the would have motivation to work. The next day he was different. He was productive, staying in his seat, not having side conversation, raising his hand with answers or asking for help. I've rarely seen this from him. I took time out in the class to brag about him to the other students and then gave them the chance to brag about him and complement him on the things that they've seen him doing. People began to sit next to him, they initiated conversations with him, they would put their arm around him. I feel as if all of heaven has encouraged each of us in this classroom to reinforce these positive choices he started to make. It's been miraculous to watch! I'm excited to see what God continues to do!

No comments: