Saturday, January 26, 2008

Revolving door

I'm always so surprised with how quickly my life changes. There seems to be a permanent mark of accerleration. And I perfer it this way! The very next day things have already rotated many degrees. First off, two kids left my classroom. One was Cole who's move has lead him to a teacher Mr. Most across the hall. What caused this move was constant sly remarks and name calling by some boys in our class. I was so sad to hear about this happening and that it couldn't have been resolved a different way. The principal reiterated that it wasn't my fault, but I it makes me wonder what I could have done differently to prevent this. I was so unaware and so oblivious. Adrian is the second student to be moving, but his location will be a farther distance. Today was his last day and I made sure he left with a letter I wrote to him about my determined belief in him and how proud I was of him. I hope those words can cancel at least two or three of the negative ones that are thrown at him day and night.

As an added bonus I got the infamous pink slip in my box this afternoon meaning we have a new student next week. CRAZY WEEK will be the official title for it because we lost one student, had one move to the next door classroom, and gained a new student. Three major changes, one day to adjust!

Another change has been a proposal that I've not decided how to respond to yet. Amy Rogers who I wrote about in the last email has asked me to teach her two sons while living in Kenya. I was thrilled but have not concluded if this is the direction I want to take. For some reason it seems like a step away from my dreams and so I need to give it further thought and ask her some defining questions.

No comments: