Tuesday, February 12, 2008

American International School of Lagos

One of the things that I am thrilled about and losing sleep over (not really) is this teaching opportunity in Nigeria. I have my interview tomorrow and we had an informational meeting today. I've never been so excited about anything! Honestly! I keep on thinking, "Could I be any better suited for this job?" It will beautifully intersect all my passions except for one but I'm sure that will work out as well. Through this teaching job I would get intentional community living, a two minute walk to school,an international diverse classroom, cheap travel opportunities, more money, live in Nigeria, live by the ocean, explore a part of Africa I've never been, get to be with people who share the same passions, and be part of a team of teachers who will pour their heart into their teaching. Pinch me, I'm dreaming! My interview is tomorrow and I will be heartbroken if I don't get accepted. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

derdeb said...

Meag...IF you are interested, I have a friend who is a Christian, who has come back this year from doing the Lagos stint. She may be able to give you info that you are looking for. She spent time volunteering there too. DEB

The Eyes said...

man i have been missing out! i didn't think you had updated your blog recently and since we have been getting face time, which is preferred, i was pleasantly surprised to find i can post on yours! yahoo! and congrats on the next season! yahoo!