Thursday, January 29, 2009

Different than expected

Mary Ann and I made two phone calls this week. One to Esther and one to Felica. Mary Ann talked with Esther and it seemed to go pretty well. They agreed on a time for an interview to be our steward; 2:30 Thursday. I called Felica and it was a confusing mess. She sounded worlds away and talked as quickly as a chipmunk.The only two words I could make out were "Oh God!" After 10 times of telling her I couldn't hear her and asking her to slow down so I could understand I ended the conversation with "Okay, so we'll see you tomorrow at 3:00!" I wasn't surprised when three o'clock came and passed with no knock on the door to announce her coming. But, I'm sure she has just as much trouble understanding my accent as I do hers.

Today we had three appointments and three no shows. Even our art teacher Lanre didn't come. But, I did get a text from him. And instead of a packed, busy afternoon it became a luxurious, relaxing afternoon. An afternoon where Mary Ann and I looked up vegan recipes online, were I IMed with friends around the world and I tried to bake cookies (they turned out looking like those melted clocks in the famous painting by Dali.









2 comments:

The Eyes said...

hi sister. sorry you were sick, and thinking of all the dust makes me feel like I have a nagging cough in my throat. be praying for the new tenant!

Anonymous said...

Meag...I have so enjoyed reading through your blog for the last years. wow. giggles and tears I have had on your behalf!
You are such a DIAMOND!!