Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ain't no mountian high enough!

We have a new class song. We sing it 100 times in a row. It's stuck on repeat. We sing it on the top of our lungs with our own hand motions and they wait to see who I'm going to point to when we sing the line about "nothing can keep me getting to you Babe!" The boys grin and blush, tucking their heads in embarrassment.

In honor of Valentine's Day I've taught the Sparkle Diamond "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"performed by Marvin Gaye and Tami Terrell. It's quickly became "our" class song. Today we decorated our Valentine holders and impromptu they sang a capella it for the whole 30 minutes! Otokini came up and said, "Excuse me Ms. Diamond, because we love singing this song so much, can you play it on your computer?" So we spent the rest of the time listening to the verses and then chiming in when the chorus played.

Now, it's playing through MY head on repeat. So, let me tell you Baby! There ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough. Ain't no river wide enough to keep me from getting to you BABE! And yes, I'm pointing directly at YOU! Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

the newmexikooks said...

THAT is the best! Craccccccked me up! You go, girl. Best 1st grade teacher in Africa. What a precious group! I would have loved glitter day... easily a best day of life day.

Meag Diamond said...

I wish we could talk about these stories together in person. I miss your impressions of your children with their accents and their sayings. You always appreciated the little things that make teaching worth it.