Friday, February 13, 2009

Glitter Mounds

Today I'm covered in glitter. We were decorating our valentine's holders. I was standing over them watching them the mound of glitter grow gradually on the ground and I began to wonder if this mess was worth it. I was about to tell them to wrap things up even though they just started. But, right as I was contemplating this Dieta whimsically said "This is the best day of my life." Followed by a slight sigh. I took a mental note that gathering glitter mounds was worth a comment like that. It means so much to them to be creative and artistic and to have access to fun mediums.

This weekend I'm going on a trip to a Yuraba village. In the backwaters we are going to attend a masquerade festival. We will each be loaded into a canoe and paddled to the village by waterway. I'm thrilled and will take pictures and tell you stories about it when I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!