Friday, March 13, 2009

Sick

I've been to the doctors twice these past two days. Three weeks ago when I returned from Ibadan I got a UTI and started a round of antibiotics. It seemed to help but then when I was on this most recent trip to Benin I began to feel the affects again. I went on a second course of antibiotics and started to feel better again. But, the ride home for the border was long and the worse traffic I have ever been in. It was bumper to bumper and slowly inching forward. There were huge thunder and downpours which made the traffic even worse. After an hour of holding it I finally chirped up and asked if anyone else had to go to the bathroom. We let the security know and the lead us off course to a fast food restaurant called Mr. Bigs. All of this holding it business made my UTI come back. I went home early from school yesterday and had Gbenga take me to the doctor. They pressed on my tummy, took a urine and blood sample, and gave me vitamin C. This morning I was worse and so I went back a second time. My blood test was negative for malaria but they had lost my urine sample. I gave them another and this time a stool sample as well. I've rested all day and even had to cancel our field trip on Monday as I'm not feeling up to another long van ride especially where I have to be on the top of my game.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thinking of you :o) rest and peace to your mind, body, spirit.
love you!

The Eyes said...

we're praying you feel better!

Anonymous said...

love the new look :o)

Meag Diamond said...

Thanks Sandra! I had some extra time on my hands with being home sick and decided to put it to good use. It was fun browsing through all my options. Hope to catch you on Facebook soon. I've been missing ya!

The Eyes said...

nice new blog look.