Monday, June 15, 2009

Days filled

It's been a busy couple of days but the days have been full with my favorite adventures. I got to go to the local farmers market and eat a fresh market dinner of salmon and potatoes and asparagus. We took a walk around my neighborhood and enjoyed the sounds of birds and owls stating their ever but hidden presence. I got to go on a hike with Tommy at Forest Park which is a beautiful inner city trail system which makes you feel lost in a forest millions of miles away from the actual hustle and bustle of the city. I got to spend a little time browsing the full bookshelves at my favorite book store Powells where the books take up a whole city block. I got to reconnect with lost friends over the pinks and blues of a baby shower. I got to go to church and feel the presence of God again and drink deeply of it's sweetness and get charged up by hearing the spoken word of God. I got to watch a movie on a huge wide screen while curled up on the couch and stuffed with strawberry shortcake. I've gotten to teach Mike about baby showers and bridal showers and laugh when he tells me with all seriousness that he has to learn about those "programs" because we might need to be having one some day. I loved that he called them programs showing me how new the concept really was to him.


No comments: