Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Dashing through the Gauntlet

What a beautiful day! The sun made a star appearance today and I got spring fever. I changed my outfit three times today because I finally got to bust out the short sleeve shirts and flip flops. It was a great break from the rain.

Last night Si and I were talking about this rigorous schedule I had arranged for us. We decided that we didn't need to be putting ourselves through the social gauntlet. It is difficult because I want to see so many of you but I want to enjoy doing it as well. It has been exhausting for both of us as we met and introduce ourselves to some of my favorite people. Constantly the best foot has to be put forward. Constantly we are telling and retelling the story of our meeting. Constantly we are packing the car and driving to our next destination. Gratefully, we have a wonderful base here in Portland and in Tacoma as well. Instead of packing, driving, and charming we are going to spend a couple more days at my parents home.

It has been really good for Simon and I to have this place with an overflowing refrigerator, space for individual time, and stimulating conversation with my stepfather who teaches at a university. This rest will do us well as we recuperate for another mad dash through the gauntlet.

But, I don't want you to take this personally. I have LOVED seeing those we have seen, and am looking forward to seeing those who will be seen. I love everyone of you and appreciate the effort and love we have shared.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Meag! It's been a loooooong time since we connected, but I found your blog so I wanted to say "hi"! (We just recently got the letter that you sent out before leaving for Africa. We had moved, and the people we used to live with had some of our mail for a few months. SO, I saw your blog address on the letter and thought I'd look you up.) Anyway, Aaron and I are still in Kansas City. We have one daughter, Abigail, who is almost 2. We are pregnant again, due at the end of August. We just found out today that we are having TWINS!!
It has been fun to read a little bit of what God has been doing in you and through you lately. May you continue to be blessed by Him.
With Love,
Sarah C.