Thursday, March 22, 2007

Nights that make it all worth it

All day I was looking forward to hanging out with some of the coolest people I know in Tacoma. Around 6:20 Simon and I bundled up and and walked over to the artistic haven of the Llewellyns. A couple seconds into the door Deb announced they were starving and dinner was ready. We sat down to a table which breathed artistic inspiration into me with each place setting a different color bowl and unique shape, with candles acting like a table runner down the table and crusty cheesy bread to dip into our steaming soup.

Simon and I have told our story a couple of times a day for the past month and half. After a great lunch with friends were I retold our story like a stoic, passionless, salesman we agreed that Simon would get to do it the next time. Even your favorite Sinfield episode if seen 100's of times get old after awhile. But, tonight we enjoyed our time sharing. Instead of draining us we interrupted each other adding in missing details, we laughed and we were smiling when it was over. What a difference!

After dinner was done I saw Simon creaking his neck into the direction of the family room that houses a couple of towering book shelves. He and Tom walked through the house talking about quotes, authors and rare editions. Tom was the perfect guy to encourage Simon in his writing and one of his favorite passions, books.

For four hours I didn't move from my cushioned window seat. I got to fill Deb in on all of the scoop of who we had seen over coffee, lunch, and walks. We ended the night by looking at the Beautiful Angle posters Tom and Lance collaborate on. This was one of my favorite parts being caught in a swirl of artistic expression and hearing Simon exclaim that he wanted to do this in Byron Bay.

Walking home Simon said that he felt sane again. I agreed.Just being with them in their house makes me want to run home and do art. What a great feeling. Unfortunately we can't take the Llewellyns home with us to Australia but this interaction makes me long for the artistic, hippy community even more.




One of my favorite posters by Beautiful Angle called Hole.

1 comment:

derdeb said...

Awwwww...we had fun too! I am so glad that we could meet Si, he seems very nice and sweet. Have a happy wedding and happy marraige! DEB