Thursday, March 29, 2007

Party time!






Thanks for all of you who came to our engagement party last Saturday. We felt very loved by all of the faces that made time in their packed schedules to met Simon, celebrate our engagement and kiss us goodbye again.








We spent the day decorating the house with fresh flowers, rearranging furniture, and handdrawing a timeline of our relationship. Dick and Dee were the first to arrive and it was nice getting to sit down for a bit before the mad rush began.

One thing that I don't like about hosting parties like this is that all of the conversations are interupted by an empty platter, or a new guest arriving. I constantly felt like I couldn't settle down for a meaningful conversations. Parties like this remind me of school openhouses where everyone wants to talk with the teacher all at the same time.

Overall the night was a big sucess and actually a miracle. My whole family made the two and a half hour drive up from Portland.My sister flew in from San Francisco. I was a little anxious about having my divorced family all together in one small room. We prayed for my mom to feel comfortable and that she would be able to be herself and that my dads would be able to interact. Well, it was so great because all of our prayers were answered. My dad and Tommy spent most of the night together talking, laughing and teasing Simon. After talking to both of them the next day they both said that they had a great time and enjoyed eachother company. Tommy said they have a lot in common. My mom found her space in the kitchen helping Abby clean and refilling the food platters. She also spent some time relaxing and mingling with my
friends.

I was also really pleased to see how well my family was getting along with Simon. He got to spend more time talking with them than I did. And he is offically accepted because they teased him relentlessly.

Once again, thanks for coming and thanks for supporting and loving us.
Cheers until the next time we meet!

No comments: