Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Snow Shoeing



While in Tacoma Simon and I have been staying with Tim and Abby Isaacson and it has been really great to have a home base. We can let our suitcases explode without worrying about them being in anyones way. It has really warmed my heart to see Simon connecting with some of my best friends. I'm going to miss picking our next Nextflick order, debriefing about our days over delicious home cooking, and being comfortable enough to make fun of each others idiosyncrasies.



This past weekend it was around noon when we finally had the car loaded with our snow gear. We spent the morning gathering mixmatched waterproof wear. Simon looked ridiculous with black water resistant slip pants bunched over his jeans. Since Simon is used to the dry bush environment it was his one desire to tromp through snow.



Our two mile snow walk stretched into hours as we had a lot of intermissions for a snowball snacking your back or freezing chills as it slided down your jacket. The snow had this magical effect on us turning us from 20 somethings to elementary children. It was great. And for once I felt I had an equal advantage when defending myself because with help from the snow shoes with one push I could send Simon tumbling.



We had a great time as we ended our day in a pub to celebrate St. Patrick's day over chips and pints of amber beer. Our time here is quickly coming to an end and when the 26th rolls around it will be a teary goodbye to loving friends and snowy, wet adventures.

No comments: