Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A good chuckle

I got two emails today from two different students who were absent. One was from Lilly who had to leave Nigeria because her mother was medivaced out due to a medical emergency. The second is from Ike. This is the first time either had emailed me and I thought it was very clever of them.

From Lilly:

Dear Ms.Diamond,
i really wanted to go to school, but we had some trouble in the airport we were getting our luggage but after we couldn't get out the airport, because the visa was expired so we had to travel to newyork then when the baggage claim we didn't, find our bag so my uncle in new york piked me and mommy up kyle his son that is 11 and is my cousin, it was cold in new york i had to wear 3 sweaters! then 2 days later our baggage arived at us instead, and i had a wonderful time! Also i miss everyone at school even you can you tell everyone in the class i miss them all.
sincerly,
lilly

From Ike:

THIS is IKE sorry I didn't cum to school I'm sick. tell the classmates I said high. Also even read this to them. I hope your taking good care of our class pet when I com back to school I don't want to be taking care of a sick turtle. then I would get sick again and you would miss me even more. don't forget to reply. And wen I get to school you can tell me if I could com to your flat.

This is my reply:

Dear Ike,
You always make me laugh with your sense of humor. You are very funny. I'm sorry that you were sick today. We all missed you. We did some social studies tests and a basil pretest.
Also, Bella brought her dog, Coco, into school. I think you would have loved it!
In reading we decided who would do what role for the Johnny Appleseed play. Tomorrow we are going to practice it out loud.
You would have loved math as well. We did an exploration of temperature. We measured the temperature of some really hot water and some ice water. The next rotation was making a clock and coin book. We also played our new game that we learned on Monday with the spinner.
We started our new science lesson about weather vanes but the material wasn't ready so we postponed it for tomorrow. Hopefully you will be here for it because I know how much you LOVE science!
Don't worry, Joel helped Bella with taking care of Booke today. We gave her water and I fed her my leftover apple. You are right we wouldn't want a sick tortoise.
I'll read your email to the class and if you aren't here tomorrow we might even write you back.
We miss you!

Love,
Ms Diamond

This is his response:

Thanks for the letter and if you have enough time you could reply. Also I hope I could com to school I wouldn't want to miss out on science. And your rite I do make you laugh with my sense of humor.See you tomorrow. From ike

4 comments:

the newmexikooks said...

awesome! i love it. yes, you wouldn't want sick turtle. are these 1st or 2nd graders? how are they so on top of it? i think they are already ready to enter the workforce.

Your class sounds jampacked full of learning fun. Bravo, Miss Diamond. You're the best teacher I know!

Meag Diamond said...

Rox, I knew you would love those emails just as much as I did. You appreciate true art. These are my brilliant second graders. They impress me every day with their understanding of the world around them. Thanks for being my biggest fan! Love you!

The Eyes said...

hey this is top notch entertainment. And this is your jOB! Now I am again reminded why Becka is LOVING her student teaching in second grade.

Meag Diamond said...

Second graders are the best audience to perform for. I have an awesome gig because it gives back so much. :D I'm glad that Becka is enjoying her teaching too.