Saturday, November 21, 2009

Another weekend












Today we are having a huge carnival on campus. It's the largest PTO fundraiser event of the year. I was just watching from my window the kids go zipping and flopping down the big inflatable slide. There is a man on top with a water can and he splashes two shots of water before the kids go down. I think it's rented from this fun center that we took the kids to last year. When there is a lot of water on it they go whizzing down at top crash speeds. It's funny to see their horrified expressions on their faces as they crashed into the protective mat and man trying to catch them. I'll go join the fun a little later. The people are still trickling in.

At 4:00 prompt I'm supposed to be at a quadruplet birthday party. I have two of them in my class. Dieta was in it last year and then Bofe was added this year. Quiet amazing clan this family is. I'm expecting complete controlled chaos at the party. The parents at these shin digs just sit by conversing while their kids run around like wild monkeys. I'll for sure take some pictures and blog about it later.

So, I'm thinking I'll be home tonight watching some episodes of Friday Night Lights. I just have three episodes to go before I have to download the third series from itunes. Gotta love this on demand era we live.

Last night I had a fellow teacher named Linda Zook over for dinner. I was going to have lentil walnut burgers made for us but Lawrence was sick. So, I heated up the leftovers and fancied them up with springs of herbs and the table was beautiful with my stoneware dishes and Mary Ann's carved napkin holders. She brought the wine and I sipped on my gulp the whole night. It was a great night of interesting company.

I counted the days today, it's 28 more days until I'm home and greeted by my mom and a warm coat in the Portland airport. I can't wait! I was thinking fondly back to our time last year tromping through the snow. I was also thinking about how this time she can get to know Mike better. He is so giddy about coming. His life is really shaping up in Dallas and he just is seeing the world as his oyster. He is such a natural optimist.

Well, I have to go shower. The carnival music is calling me!

2 comments:

the newmexikooks said...

Cute as usual. What's up with the radical shirts? Like the initials on the back.

Meag Diamond said...

That's actually his name. Ike, His real name is super long. Most Nigerians shorten their names. The shirts were for a t-shirt design contest.