Friday, January 15, 2010

The prize

Over vacation I bought two boxes of cereal for my friend Queen Lizzy. Cereal at home is so healthy and we have all these great choices for so reasonable. When I pulled the boxes of cereal out of my duffle bag I made a mental note to next time pack them in a harder cased suitcase. They looked like they had been in a wrestling match. Both of them were rumpled and the box lids were unglued and popped open.

When home Mike had given me a phone to bring to his friend. I packed it, but when I unpacked I just found the chord but no phone. I concluded either I would find it on my bedroom floor when returning in June, or it had sneakily fallen into the hands of someone somewhere in commute from Oregon to Lagos. Never would I have dreamt of the answer that unfolded.

Queeny came and got her cereal and was back in her classroom about to munch and crunch on it when she discovered her cereal box prize. She won a shiny, red, phone! She waltzed back up to my classroom with the treasure in hand. It had slid into the crumpled cereal box. Mystery solved! Funny huh?

No comments: