Sunday, January 31, 2010

Consistent Love


One of my favorite teachers says that God's love is consistent. It never changes. The only thing that changes is my ability to receive it.

Here is an excerpt from an email to two of my friends:
In 2006 my friend wrote me a prophecy. It was a gift for working in the healing rooms. She asked God for a number and a color for each person. I was sitting right next to her and watched as she flipped through the cards. The numbers and colors were printed on the covers. They were mostly 4's and 6's, smaller numbers. But, one was 200. I thought wow! Who is going to get that number. It was saved for last and it turned out to be mine. Inside the card she wrote that bright pink or magenta means emotions and love. Blue means communion, revelation. The number 200 means double return for the hundred fold (2 meaning multiplication and 100= 100 fold). She wrote that I am one who naturally has a lot of love to share-but God is going to increase it so that I will receive into my life a double return of the 100 fold of prior years. This anointing will also flow out from me to others as my communion with the Holy Spirit increases. Prophetic revelation will blanket all releases that are to come regarding this. It still rocks me every time I read and I've been reading it almost every day and declaring it back to God. I've been reminding him of his promise and telling him I want this fulfilled. I've always thought that it would be my husband. And recently God has told me yes, it will be it will be others as well. And as I was reflecting on this I realized I'm so loved. I'm radically, beyond imagination loved. I think being here where a lot of things are superficial and a lot of interactions revolve around the topics of sex and being drunk I've come to realize the richness of my friendships. Those friends that see the treasure in me and who call it out.

I've been thinking about this a lot. It's been like a marble in my pocket. I keep on fingering it and rolling it around. I've come to know this word deeply. I know the shape, the texture, the nicks. And I've been wanting to see this radical love that I'm supposed to receive double hundred fold.

And it's been happening. For years now, but it's been slowly growing, little by little. Rising little by little until I'm more convinced now than I was yesterday, and the day before. It's like a grain of sand being added each day. At first the amount is not noticeable, it's just a pinch. But through the years it's become a handful, and eventually it will fill a room.

And I can confidently say that I am loved. My ability to see love has changed me.

Mother Teresa says, "Love is the fruit in season at all times and within reach of every soul."



















2 comments:

the newmexikooks said...

I LOVE YOUUUUUU!!!! this is touching. thank you for being my special friend who loves me so greatly.

kisses.

rox

Meag Diamond said...

Rox, Who could not love you! You are loveable, lovely, loving. I miss you like crazy.