Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Good day Mate!

The plane began to descend. It was our last couple of minutes of our 25 hours of transit. My eyes were filled with images of towering leafy trees, rolling meadow sides, and white crashing waves upon a welcoming shore. I was enjoying the view when a startling realization hit me. This was my life!

I had been sharing my story of meeting my future husband at a mission school in Mozambique Africa and how we had made plans to move to his home of Byron Bay. The story was a great romance and captured the heart of the listeners. It had beautiful tiny details of adventures traveling through foreign countries and falling in love with the backdrop of swaying palm trees and opportunities to love the dirty, rugged orphan. The only problem was I was telling it as a narrator to someone elses life.

The startling realization struck me as I was the one in the airplane descending into new community who spoke with a funky accent. This was a permanent move and I was going to be living with my new family of blond haired and blue eyes beauty.
Hold on here. . . I'm not the narrator, I'm the main character in this novel.

I began to cry and all of the grieving of leaving my parents, of not living a block away from Abby and Tim, of having a different local market than Metropolitan market became a fierce reality.

I began to recall the confirmation of peace that ruled my heart concerning this decision. This helped. I began to remember all the prayer from many people that went into the making of this decision. This helped. I began to remember that I was moving to Africa anyways and had decided to leave the lush Northwest for good. This helped.

By the time we had landed I was back in control and had the mindset of an adventurer who had exited one season of being a single in her mid twenties living in Tacoma and equipping the Sparkle Diamonds for a life time of learning. And the adventurer who was entering into another season of being a hippy engaged to a bookoholic living in Byron Bay and equipping the New agers for a life time of Jesus.

I'm really excited to be here and have already been learning so much about myself and trying to tape into what God is doing in the deep down places of my heart.
I'll keep you updated on where this adventurer embarks next.

No comments: