Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Everything is cruzy

Nannying is good. I do enjoy the kids. Mali is three months but he is dang cute. He sleeps a lot on good days, but when he is awake I can make him laugh and giggle. He likes it when I sing. This causes a huge smile to spread across his face. Tygar is okay. He is very talkative and loves playing with a tiny dog named Sasha that lives downstairs. He says I can't be his friend because I'm an adult. And he thinks I come from a different world. Yesterday he told his nanna that I have cowboys in my world. He had asked me when I first started if there were cowboys where I lived and I thought yes, there are because in Texas and even the ranch that I worked at had cowboys. He said that he couldn't be my friend because I live in a different world. He doesn't understand this concept of America yet. This makes me laugh. I make a big deal out of him teaching me new things. The other day he taught me what eyebrows, noses, and ears were. :)

I saw a kangaroo on the side of the road tonight. It wasn't dead. It was just standing there and I was so happy that I started to laugh out loud and scream in delight. I have always wanted to see a real kangaroo and now I have. Next time I want to see it in the light, but do they come out during the day?

Simon has gotten some extra days of work because one of the girls is out of town for a month traveling. This is great because it means five steady days for him, but the down side is those days are during my days off. I have the weekends off and those are two of the days he works. We are still seeing each other but I wish it would be neverending.

I realized how in the country it is when Si and I drove up north to a city for our immigrations appointment. I forgot how strange it was to see tall sky scrapers and even stop lights. In Byron the tallest building is probably two stories and there are
only rounds abouts instead of lights. As I drive from where the Masons live to where I live it is a completely country road with one lay both ways and on either side of the road there are rolling hills with scattered trees and spread out houses. You can see the beach and lighthouse as you drive into Bryon and the coastline is like a magic marker painted line with a golden strip of coast.

Today we were supposed to go into a nearby town called Ballina. This is where we get most of our basic clothes, bath essentials and car registration. It is cheaper than Byron. Byron is one of the most expensive towns in Australia. I guess beauty has it's price. We were heading out of the neighborhood when our car staled. Yesterday I had taken it in for a tuneup and he had adjusted the idle speed. now it was too low and the car kept on turning off and actually Simon had to get out and push it while in neutral. It was a crazy adventure. Eventually we made it to the near by mechanic and we got him to change the idle speed but
this meant that we didn't have time to go to Ballina. We will have to wait until next week because that is the only time we both have off of work at the same time.

Life here is sooooooo much slower. Luckily I like it but I could see how this would drive some people nuts. You just sort of adjust. I was actually thinking about this on Saturday because every weekend and day off I'm like. . . Hum what will i do and it turns out that I always do the same thing. Read, journal, paint, and spend time with God. There isn't a whole lot of opportunities for activity. I'm liking it though and am really glad I don't live in a big city like Sydney. Everyone is really chill here. They call it cruzy.

The depth that Simon and I are going is such a confirmation that this is right. We are really growing in our communication and get along really well. We talk through areas of frustration and through theological differences and at first I had a fear that he wouldn't love me if he found out more about me but the truth is just the opposite. He is kinder, and more loving than ever. We both are getting very ready for marriage and I know that God is laying a beautiful foundation.


Hey Deb if you are reading this can you email me because I sent you an email but it was to the old address and I forget your new one. Love you and thanks for keeping up with my life. I wish we could gossip over a cuppa in your kitchen.

No comments: