Monday, June 25, 2007

Life

I hope that you are doing well. We just had a great house dinner and we laughed a lot. Deep laughter feels so good. It is like medicine. I'm really enjoying living here. Early today I went for a walk with Megs, one of my housemates. And yesterday at church Megs, Me and Kristie sat on pillows with our backs against the wall. Megs spread her blanket over me and Kristie sat on my coat since the pillows were all taken. We shared part of Krisities sandwich I had brought for her since she had to be at church early. It was a really sweet bonding moment. A guy and wife who work with Compassion showed up and spoke about sponsoring children. I have to admit that at the beginning I thought oh poor them they don't know that they've are going to share their hearts passions with a very poor group of people because most people in the Tribe are living by faith. But, afterwards I was pleasantly proved wrong as the booth was flooded with a constant stream of people who would skip away with a new child who shared their birthday, or who had liked to play soccer as well, or who lived in a high sex trade area. It was a really beautiful thing to watch as people showed off their newly adopted children to each other.

Today it has rained all day, buckets that make me feel like I'm going through a carwash. My laundry is hanging soaking on the outdoor line as we don't have a dryer. I hope a sunny day is in line for tomorrow as my underwear is getting low. I love the rain here, it is intense and heavy.

I'm reading this book called Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. It is about the future of civilization, much like Fahrenheit 451 in theme. My favorite part so far was when this happy civilized people of the future venture to Santa Fe during a vacation to visit the Savages. The Savages are Indians who still give birth and are monogamous. They have dirt everywhere and mend their clothes. Everyone from the civilized city is programed from an embryo and conditioned with morals and beliefs that they repeat like robots at the push of a button. I'm enjoying it.

This weekend I'm part of a team from the Tribe that is driving two hours North to a town called Brisbane. There we are going to join a New Age Festival called Mind, Body Spirit. They are held all around Australia. We go and bring dream interpretation, spiritual cleansing, healing, and spiritual blessing. They also have stage time where they do prophetic words. The last one was a month ago and they everyone they prayed for healed, the queue was the longest of the whole festival, over 15 people were saved. If you think of it pray for us on your Thursday, Friday and Saturday because we are lights going into dark places.

Man, I wish I had a camera so I could show you all my life here, my room, little Tygar, the beach that I like to run on, where Simon works. But, my words will have to suffice until perhaps our wedding.

No comments: