Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Renewing a visa

I am going through total reconstruction. I'm needing to soak myself in the reality of God's grace and affection towards me. I'm asking God for a new revelation of his character because my old one has some areas where that are dominated with fear and performance. Basically he is taking the foundation of my identity and laying it again.

Today I opened a bank account and it was so easy and quick. I didn't have to fill out paperwork at all. I just had to present my passport, visa card and drivers license. We are opening one and having Mia put around 5,000 dollars in there because later on this week we have to drive up the coast for a couple of hours to have an interview with immigrations to see if they will extend my visa. We have to prove to them that I have about 1,000 dollars for each month I want to stay here. Since we don't have the money we are just using Mias money to make it look like this. Then after we get the visa we will put the money back into her account. Pray for us as we do this because it is just such a demanding process.

Tomorrow I work a 12 plus hour day. I awake at 5:00 and need to leave the house at 5:30 to get to Mullum by 6:00. There I'll fall asleep on the couch under layers of blankets until around 7:30 when Tygar wakes up. After breakfast and a quick play session we will pack into the van which he looks so small in and drive to daycare. I drop him off and head back to Byron to watch Mali who is 3 months and likes to sleep and has a smile that lights up his chubby face. I'll make sure to put him in his pram and take him on a walk so I can get some exercise and escape being indoors all day. At 2:00 Melissa will come home and I'll drive back to Mullum to watch Tygar for my second session which includes reading books and eating lambchops for this all he likes to eat. Well, that and sausages. We alternate from day to day. Today was lambchop day, tomorrow is sausage day. Never changes.

So, I'm off to bed because I have to tackle this mammoth of a day with energy and life. Dream land here I come.

No comments: