Friday, June 15, 2007

A New Stamp in my Passport!

Thanks for all of your prayers. This morning after working from 5:00-9:00 I walked with Mia to the bank to deposit the huge wad of cash we were borrowing. Afterwards Simon and I filled out some paper work for our intention of marriage and I took a five minute nap on the floor cushions in the waiting/meeting room at the Tribe office. After a quick stop at home to shower and get pretty we piled in our white now slightly tan van, there is a muddy road on the way to work, popped in a new CD and drove North up the Pacific Hwy. Simon had done all of the research on exits and location and we found the immigrations office with time to spare. We ate a lunch of Japanese delicacies which didn't agree with Simon's stomach and than sat in a nervous waiting room for our number of H5756 to appear on the screen and be read over the intercom. After 30 minutes our time came to enter cubicle 4 where our government man was ready to assist us. We told the skeleton story of our relationship, answered his questions correctly, and were rewarded with a new stamp in my passport which means I am legal in the country of kolas until we are married. All went really smoothly except for Si's stomach.

One mention of a miracle though. He was completely surprised that I had gotten into the country without a return ticket. This was the second time this happened as Simon got into America without a return ticket and less than 200 dollars to his name. With the government mans shock at this Simon and I both felt more confirmation that we were doing the right thing and that God has our backs.

Once again, thanks for your prayers. We know that God wants me here but the process has been a test of our trust and perspective. I wish you could see my new stamp. It is a real beaut!

No comments: