Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The Beauty

I found some petals full of nectar.

FIRST

After I was writing my last blog about my polished thorns this thought was dropped into my head. It has brought me a lot of peace as I meditate on it.


Just because I don't feel loved doesn't change the fact that I am.

I've been thinking a lot about how easily we let people determine our mood, our perspective, our opinion. I've concluded I need to be carefully aware of who I'm giving permission to and then aware of how I'm going to let it affect me.

SECOND

The world of expat Nigeria is in a upheaval as people are packing up their houses for upcoming summer moves. This community is wildly transitory and is like living in a tornado. But, the beauty of this is they need to sell their leftover possessions. All of the oil companies are given a huge container that they fill in the states a couple of times a year and then ship over to Nigeria. They very rarely go shopping except for the fresh fruits and veggies. Their pantries are filled with American name brands and familiar nibblets that make me salivate just at the thought. Yesterday I got to go to a couple of sales and pile up on their overstock. Mary Ann and I were giddy as we unpacked Saltines, freshly milled whole wheat flour, and a glass jar of natural Montana honey! Today at school my snack was Cranrasins and a chunk of cheese. It's the simple things that can make our hearts sing!



No comments: