Saturday, October 28, 2006

I have been here for a couple of days. Honestly I am not even sure. The days just seem to melt together and it is hard to keep track. I don't have my calendar to constantly check every couple of hours. This is very nice.



I'm really enjoying my time here with my new friends. I live in a house with 9 other people. I live on the top bunk of a bed that I share with Linda. There are people at this school from all over the world but for some reason in our house we are all from America or Canada. I can see that living with others has prepared me to live in a small space with this many people.



The weather is warm and I am constantly sweaty, but don't mind. Today I'm wearing the skirt you made me mom. Everyone loves it and joked about looking you up in America to make them ones.



Each day we go to class to hear speakers. We open with some worship that always goes longer than planed, we sit on benches or mats that have been placed on the sand. Often people are on their faces during worship or up dancing. There is a lot of freedom here to be as you are.



We have homework and are excpected to work with the nationals by visiting them and talking with them. The children have a lot of personality and quickly will lay on your lap and put their arms around you before they even ask you your name.



Everyone has a story here of what they have been saved from, of what their life used to be like. It is powerful to talk with them and learn from their experiences. I am surrounded by a library of life and victory. Their stories should be collected and read by everyone in the world. They have been changed and now are changing others.



Yesterday I went for a swim in the Indian ocean. It was so refreshing and beautiful. The ocean is a one minute walk outside of our gates. I am surrounded by beauty of heart and land.

No comments: