Thursday, October 12, 2006

Wonderfully Blessed



Thank you to all of you who came to the going away party. It was so great to see so many people at one time. Our house was full to capacity with a steady flow of friends from 5:30 to 10:30. I felt encouraged and supported by the great show of people. I also enjoyed seeing people connect or finding out that they knew each other through a brother or work. I love it when God connects his people. The room was crowded and buzzing with conversation. The doors slamming every couple of minutes letting this kid in and that kid out. Jamie set up my slide show outside to play on our garage. The food table was quickly devoured and replaced with what ever we could find in our kitchen.


I was overwhelmed at times with some of the goodbyes. I didn't expect it to saying goodbye to be such a challenge for me. I find myself covered in tears as I drive to school or as I huge Abby even though I'll see her tomorrow. It is hard but it is so beautiful and I wish that everyone would get the opportunity to feel as loved as I do.

So, here is the progress on the grand departure. I still am working out the details of the tickets. I had a crazy idea of asking my friend Tim who has family in South Africa to come with me on that leg of the trip. I think that Tim and I would have a blast traveling together and he would help in the transition to my new world. Hopefully by tomorrow I will have heard from the travel agent and had finalized the details.

I've sold my car to my housemate Rachel but I need to get the carpets cleaned to get rid of the moldy milk smell that decided to pop up its ugly head this past weekend. It's a mystery smell.

Yesterday I cleaned out most of my possessions from my room and divvied them up to their new owners. Giving away all of your stuff is actually very liberating and I am really enjoying the process. I like the idea of living out of two bags. I don't need that stuff anyways and this makes me feel like I can zip around with a new found freedom.

Now, I'm off to bed so that I can wake up early to welcome the morning with a jab and squat at my kickboxing class.

Thanks for all of your love and support! I'm overflowing with love. It's oozing out of me through every pore.

Loving you!

No comments: